This website uses an HTTPS Secure Connection (SSL).
The web hosting provider collects daily non-identifying data about the number of visitors to this website.
This website will not store or process your enquiry message other than for the purposes of transmitting it to myself and the web hosting provider.
Enquiries submitted thorough the contact form will be sent directly to me and then deleted from the web hosting provider's systems. They will only be retained until the provider is sure they have been successfully delivered.
While we work together, I will store your name, phone number and email address solely for the purpose of contacting you and only for as long as our counselling relationship continues. I will not use your contact details for any other purpose.
Access to your personal details
As I work independently, I will be the only person who has access to your personal information, such as contact details. The information that you disclose will be held safely and securely according to the guidelines set by the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 (evolving from the Data Protection Act 2018).
Storage of personal information
I will store your personal information only for the duration of the time period that we work together. Any personal information provided, such as background history will be collated solely for the purposes of providing you with counselling.
Use of personal information
If you complete the contact form, I will ask you to provide your name and email address so that I can contact you.
Purchases through the website or in-person
I will need your payment details when you purchase a service in-person or through the website in order to process payment and perform refunds if necessary. I will not store your card number. An order confirmation will be sent to you by email.
• If you wish to access your personal information, you will need to request it in writing with proof of your identity. This will be in an electronic format and provided to you within a month. You will not be charged for this.
• Ensure the information held about you is accurate and complete and if not, to have inaccuracies corrected.
• Have the personal data held about you deleted.
• Be provided with information about how and why your personal data is processed.
• If you have any concerns about the way your data is being handled you may complain to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).
• If your request to access the personal data held about you is refused, I must tell you why and you will have a right to complain to the supervisory authority and to a judicial remedy (you must do this within one month).
• To refuse or charge for requests for access to personal data held about you that are clearly groundless or unreasonable.